Sunday, May 9, 2010

Mother's Day

Hi everyone,

We have been enjoying a wonderful Mother's Day. We are also potty training this weekend, but more on that later...

Mother's Day.

Last night I had a wonderful time with some dear mommy friends out here. As we sat and enjoyed some delicious chocolate fondue and some wine, I was struck by how all we really talked about was our children. I have been thinking a lot about this lately... mommy-hood is just such an all consuming adventure. And, the more I do it, the more I realize it is the most important job, task, adventure, occupation, filler-of-time that one can do. No other thing in life holds the weight that being a mom does. We are shaping the lives of the next generation. We are leading, molding, and releasing people into society. It's a big job! I know I am often caught up in the monotony of it at times, and can even lose sight of the bigger picture. But, the big picture is right there, in front of you... I mean, it's in the mirror. It was our mommies who brought us this far and have been examples of what we are raising.

So, here's to ALL the mommies out there!
Thank you for all you do!
Love
Me

No comments: