Thursday, June 12, 2008

Tuesday, June 10, 2008. I am ONE YEAR OLD!

I am one today. Here is a picture of what I looked like on the day I was born... I had worked very hard at following the light but I just could not get out. Then, some lady created a new path for me and VOILA! There I was! And I let everyone know how present I was because all 4 of my grandparents heard me hollering down the hall and through two sets of Operating Room doors! Yes, I still have a set of pipes on me too :-)
Here I am in the nursery with MY DADDY! I love my daddy!

And, this is the latest picture of me. I like this one a lot because I like playing in the grass. Mommy had really good timing to capture this one before I began to crawl off. That's the UVa Rotunda in the background! I love it there.
Before you see this really cute snapshot of me... here are some of my 1 year old accomplishments! I have two bottom teeth (I've had them since I was 9mos.) and 4 coming in at once across the top! I weigh in at a sturdy 24.5 LBS... and man am I solid. I am walking... not just a little bit but all over the living room, dining room, kitchen, deck, front courtyard... really where ever they will let me. I love climbing the stairs. I love playing with my music table and Daddy's digital piano. I am wearing 18 mos clothing and somethings are even 24 mos... it's my milk belly, I cannot help it. I still have my thunder thighs despite all of the walking. The milk is solely cow's at this point. No time for breastfeeding, mom, I've got places to WALK. I have a passport with actual stamps in it from my travels. I have flown 14 legs (tampa, phoenix, belgium). My best buddies are Patrick and Evelyn who I see weekly at church. I get to play with Luca every now and then... and last weekend I had a blast with friend Will. My girlfriend is Mattie Holland (Ms. Katie, I think mommy is serious about the arranged marriage ;-))
So, here's that picture you have been reading through to see. I cannot wait to see all of the things that will happen to me THIS YEAR!!! Oh the places I will go...

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Happy 1st J-Man! It was so nice to see you all in CVille last weekend, and to catch those first few steps on his own. Sounds like he's off and running -- good luck with that... Oh, and I'll be mailing back Joseph's "cell phone" that Will swiped at UVa. Sorry about that! Best of luck, and hope the celebration was fun for all. Miss you! Sarah, Christian, and Will