Monday, September 1, 2008

Mommy's birthday weekend!

This weekend was very special! It was mommy's birthday. And, I am very good at celebrating mommy with daddy's help! We got her some really fun things and I helped pick out the fun scrap-booking materials. I can also take some credit for saying "mommy" as plain as day at least twice this weekend. I am not convinced I am ready to say it often... so for now, mommy and daddy just have to listen carefully and it will come. I have also been entertaining mommy this weekend with my lounging... here I am in the reading chair, reading of course:Now daddy has to take all the credit for the really great yellow shoes, the perfect watch/bracelet, and the fabbo dinner they had together (it's OK - I was sleeping away while the babysitter studied her history). We had great naps and fun times at the pool. Mommy really wanted to check out the zoo this weekend and since it's a fun holiday weekend and daddy starts classes tomorrow, we decided to hit the zoo today.

Mommy has been known to tell people that my favorite animal is the giraffe. Well, I had no idea what one was, really (I mean, I have a giraffe towel, a giraffe washcloth, some giraffe shoes, a fun cartoon giraffe that mommy painted for my bathroom but I have never seen a REAL one like mommy and daddy did in Africa before I was even a thought).
But, now I can absolutely tell everyone that giraffes are indeed my favorite animals! I love them! I love their long tongues and their sweet eyes and their fuzzy noses! I got to be so close to one today and they made me laugh and smile so much! It's true... the giraffe is my favorite animal!

1 comment:

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

Oh super cute pic in the chair! Happy Birthday!!! We thought about going to the zoo yesterday too, but thought it might be too hot. We ended up getting work done around the house and some errands done, and went to our neighborhood park a couple times, this weekend :) Let's get together very soon!!