Monday, June 8, 2009

This time two years ago

Mommy asked if she could borrow my blog to post a couple thoughts. You see, it is my birthday week. Mommy has been particularly tearful when reading my bedtime stories, etc... I think she is just amazed at how much I have grown. But, enough about that, here is my mommy.

As I sit here, quietly reflecting on today... I can't help but remember back to what life was like exactly two years ago. We had this wonderful gift, secretly waiting for his time to arrive. Two years ago, it was a Friday. I had had lunch with Amanda and her new baby Ethan. We went to an Irish place and I had a great reuban sandwich. I think our other friend Mike met up with us. Funny. Then, I walked outside around Pentagon Row in the 100 degree heat. Yes, it was one of the hottest days I can remember ever in DC. Of course, I look back on that now and see how it was preparing me for the desert. But, I walked outside a bit and went to get my passport picture because I had to update it. Hint ladies, don't go get a semi-permanent ID photo that you have to use for the next 10 years the DAY BEFORE YOU go into labor with an over 8LBS child. I digress...

So, I bought another bottle of water and walked to the Eckerd to get my pictures. Then, I think I went to the Post Office and came home. I probably took a nap - as I was known to do in those days - and then I am sure I just day-dreamed about what this little boy was going to be like? I just couldn't wait to meet this little man that I had grown to know and love so much and had never even laid an eye on -- in person. I will leave this note at this point for now. I think me and Mike went to Mexican that night for dinner because I was all about eating spicy foods.

I will write more tomorrow about that Saturday two years ago. The day I met the first real, true, blissful, aching heart love... Joseph Michael Greto.

Oh and just in case you were wondering what a 5'4" Meg looks like about to have this little guy... here you go...

1 comment:

Webster Family said...

Meg! You looked great! I totally feel for ya! Congrats on the 2 year old--time sure flies doesn't it?!