Monday, November 16, 2009

Italian Lessons

Mommy Meg here. So, we have gone back and forth about many things in being parents. One of them is how much we would love to teach Joseph and our subsequent children Italian. But, since I don't speak much Italian we have shied away from it. But, with Mike being at an international business school and having his Italian citizenship, we are slowly introducing some Italian words to Joseph's vocabulary. I mean, slowly and not many words... but words that I know at least :-)

The other night was one of the funniest exchanges and I wanted to capture it here because, well, this is Joseph's virtual baby book. We were teaching him some phrases on going to bed. So, Mike tucked him in and said, "buona notte". Joseph's response was "edamame". It was too cute! He loves edamame and knows what it is, so why he thought it could also mean good night was just too funny for us. We had to hurry out of the room before we cracked up too much.

Here is a picture and video from one of our other lessons.
I was making lasagna rolls and he was helping me while we stirred all of the ingredients. I turned around and this was what I saw...
Just chomping away on the Parmigiano-Reggiano:
And, then I had to get him to practice some Italian:

No comments: